Custom Sheet Metal Fabrication for the Medical Industry
TConsider for a moment all the metal devices and equipment in the world. Now consider the many industries that could not function without high-quality metal fabrication products: medicine, telecommunications, the military, aerospace, electronics, transportation, computing, and manufacturing, just to name a few.
It’s safe to say that industry and commerce would shut down without high-quality metal fabrication pieces and equipment. Further, without precise fabrication standards, the safety of millions would be put at risk.
For more than half a century, Midwest Metal Products has designed and manufactured high-quality metal fabrication products. We serve industries throughout America and the world. We can custom design any product to meet your exact specifications.
As we have grown over the years, so too have our capabilities. Today we are the #1 custom sheet metal fabrication facility in the Midwest.
Safety has always been our highest priority and focus. To that end, we are exacting in our standards. At Midwest Metal Products, we embrace precision and are proud of the following equipment and designations:
- AS9100/ISO 9001:2008 certification to meet the rigorous demands of industry standards
- NADCAP Certified
- FabriVISION® high-speed laser scanning
- Brown & Sharpe Coordinated Measuring Machine (CMM) for accuracy verification to 0.005″
- FaroArm® mobile inspection station to verify formed dimensions to 0.002″
- SPC-40 PC shop floor network to ensure compliance during every step of the process
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- 5S Lean manufacturing culture
With more than 50 years of experience and proven performance, we’re rightfully proud of our reputation as a preferred vendor for clients in the aerospace, electronics, medical, transportation and computer industries. Our website lists many of our services and skills, including welding, hardware insertion, chromate conversion, and assembly.
Sheet Metal Fabrication for Medical Devices
However, our website tells only part of our story. In addition to our featured capabilities, we provide so much more. Following are just nine more services we produce for our loyal customers in the medical field. Midwest Metal Products creates unique precision sheet metal fabrication products for many types of medical devices, including:
- Ultrasound: This diagnostic imaging machine is used to view internal organs and detect objects. We’re proud that our precise calibrations and manufactured metal products can help diagnose and treat a multitude of illnesses and maladies.
- MRI equipment: Using strong magnetic fields and radio waves, magnetic resonance imaging creates pictures of the human anatomy. MRIs use magnets to non-invasively scan the body. Medical manufacturers trust Midwest Metal Products to handle their industry requirements for custom sheet metal fabrication.
- Image reconstruction systems: These machines use a mathematical equation to manipulate digitized information gathered during a body scan. Using the results, surgeons can reconstruct many parts of the body including breasts, knees, and the heart. Only the most finely calibrated machinery can be used. We’re happy to play a part in this important process.
- Medical imaging equipment: From CTs to Pet Scans to Spectrometry machines and more, we manufacture high-quality aluminum and stainless steel equipment for customers across the globe. Each job is monitored by our Statistical Process Control (SPC)-trained employees to maintain efficiency and accuracy.
- Nuclear medicine cabinets: These cabinets protect patients from hazardous waste. We accomplish this by ensuring our cabinets are lead-encased in steel. We manufacture these cabinets with a 4” diameter chute to make it easier for medical practitioners to dispose of hazardous waste.
- Ablation systems: Minimally invasive, ablation therapy destroys abnormal tissue using heat, lasers, or extreme cold. Doctors rely on this type of system to treat everything from kidney stones to abnormal heart rhythms. As with every medical procedure, precision is critical. Midwest Metal Products is happy to provide metal fabrication products for ablation treatments.
- System-level control solutions: These automated products are used in a variety of applications and often contain sensitive sensors, switches, and levers. Because everything we design is calibrated to formed dimensions of 0.002,” manufacturers trust our reliable metal fabrication parts.
- Operator interface systems: Each operator interface (OI) system we manufacture is made to your exact specifications. Our metal fabrication parts and units are easy to install, operate, modify, and use in a wide variety of settings.
- Patient alignment systems: Used to position lasers and radiation beams for procedures like oncology treatments, these patient alignment systems must meet strict guidelines. We take great pride in designing flexible, high-quality, and affordable products to help healthcare providers.
Made-to-Order Medical Products
At Midwest Metal Products, we can design any product so it’s ready for your end-user. You tell us your goals and specifications and we’ll ensure your product is made to order.
Once we’ve fabricated your order, we also offer a sophisticated array of painting and finishing designs. Trust Midwest Metal Products to finish all your medical equipment, devices, or instruments with consistency and high-quality results. Custom sheet metal fabrication is our specialty. Request a quote today to get started.