Metal Fabrication Specialists for Medical Equipment
Precision and accuracy are critical in the medical field. Midwest Metal Products has the experience and skill to manufacture the highest-quality medical equipment. For more than 50 years, we have manufactured custom medical electronic equipment and devices for our customers across the world.
We adhere to the strictest industry standards and specifications in order to provide the medical equipment industry the most effective and reliable equipment on the market. If you’re seeking the most advanced engineering of equipment and technology, MMP is your preferred vendor for medical equipment manufacturing.
Types of Medical Equipment
Midwest Metal Products creates unique precision sheet metal fabrication products for many types of medical devices, including medical electronic equipment, medical devices, and medical instruments such as:
- Ultrasound: This diagnostic imaging machine is used to view internal organs and detect objects. We’re proud that our precise calibrations and manufactured metal products can help diagnose and treat a multitude of illnesses and maladies.
- MRI equipment: Using strong magnetic fields and radio waves, magnetic resonance imaging creates pictures of the human anatomy. MRI’s use magnets to non-invasively scan the body. Medical manufacturers trust Midwest Metal Products to handle their industry requirements for custom sheet metal fabrication.
- Image reconstruction systems: These machines use a mathematical equation to manipulate digitized information gathered during a body scan. Using the results, surgeons can reconstruct many parts of the body including breasts, knees, and the heart. Only the most finely calibrated machinery can be used. We’re happy to play a part in this important process.
- Medical imaging equipment: From CT’s to Pet Scans to Spectrometry machines and more, we manufacture high-quality aluminum and stainless steel equipment for customers across the globe. Each job is monitored by our Statistical Process Control (SPC)-trained employees to maintain efficiency and accuracy.
- Nuclear medicine cabinets: These cabinets protect patients from hazardous waste. We accomplish this by ensuring our cabinets are lead encased in steel. We manufacture these cabinets with a 4” diameter chute to make it easier for medical practitioners to dispose of hazardous waste.
- Ablation systems: Minimally invasive, ablation therapy is used to destroy abnormal tissue using heat, lasers, or extreme cold. Doctors rely on this type of system to treat everything from kidney stones to abnormal heart rhythms. As with every medical procedure, precision is critical. Midwest Metal Products is happy to provide metal fabrication products for ablation treatments.
- System-level control solutions: These automated products are used in a variety of applications and often contain sensitive sensors, switches, and levers. Because everything we design is calibrated to formed dimensions of 0.002,” manufacturers trust our reliable metal fabrication parts.
- Operator interface systems: Each operator interface (OI) system we manufacture is made to your exact specifications. Our metal fabrication parts and units are easy to install, operate, modify, and use in a wide variety of settings.
- Patient alignment systems: Used to position lasers and radiation beams for procedures like oncology treatments, these patient alignment systems must meet strict guidelines. We take great pride in designing flexible, high-quality, and affordable products to help healthcare providers.
Our Quality Standards
To illustrate how MMP achieves the highest quality medical equipment available, the following standards are met with each piece of equipment we manufacture.
- FabriVISION® high-speed laser scanning authenticates flat layouts prior to production
- Brown & Sharpe Coordinated Measuring Machine (CMM) for accuracy verification to 0.005"
- FaroArm® mobile inspection station verifies formed dimensions to 0.002"
- SPC-40 PC Shop Floor Network, with readings taken at all major steps to ensure compliance
- Total Quality Management and 5S Lean manufacturing culture
Benefits of Choosing Midwest Metal Products
Sheet metal is the best long-term material for medical parts and metal enclosures. At Midwest Metal Products, we can customize and manufacture any piece of equipment you need. Our precision metal products are the ideal choice because of the short and long-term benefits you’ll receive.
- Saves you money: As opposed to creating expensive plastic molds, your upfront costs for metal fabrication are very affordable. You’ll not only save time, but money. Sheet metal involves the same processes each time: cutting, forming, and finishing. Plastic molds change for each new project and you must pay for those costs.
- Saves you time: Sheet metal fabrication is a much more streamlined process than plastic mold manufacturing. These molds must often go through several stages of revision and be changed throughout the process. In contrast, a sheet metal enclosure can actually be unfolded using CAD design. Cutting and reforming take only a few hours.
- Gives you more design options: Pliable, bendable, and flexible, sheet metal is a much easier material to work with than plastic. Further, if you have special requests — like embosses and knockouts — we can provide these by making a few minor changes in our production steps. Plastic enclosures require going back to the drawing boards with each change.
- Boosts durability: Sheet metal products — unlike plastic — aren’t damaged by high temperatures. In addition, metal is collision resistant and has a longer life span.
- Provides aesthetic appeal: Beautiful finishes and detailed designs are important to medical equipment purchasing agents. Sheet metal can be left untreated for a sterile and sanitary medical look. Or it can be finished with a powder coat or customized color.
At Midwest Metal Products, you simply tell us your goals and specifications and we’ll ensure your product is made to order. Once we’ve fabricated your equipment, we also offer a sophisticated array of painting and finishing designs that allows for immediate implementation by the end-user.
We’re proud of the reputation we’ve built as a trusted provider in this industry. In all we do, we focus on quality, superior customer service, and on-time delivery.